Opus Group’s subsidiary Systech awarded contract for New York Vehicle Inspection Program (NYVIP)
Systech International, LLC (“Systech”) has signed an exclusive contract with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to sell 10,000 OBD inspection analyzers and implement a new data management system for motor vehicle safety and emissions inspections. The new program, the largest in the country, is fully funded by fees collected from the inspection stations with no cost charged to the State of New York.
Under the NYVIP contract, Systech will:
• Develop, install and manage a new data management system including a communications network to connect over 10,000 inspection stations.
• Sell and maintain new NYVIP inspection equipment to all stations.
• Process over 11,000,000 inspections per year.
• Train and support approximately 60,000 certified inspectors statewide.
• Provide call center support for inspection stations, repair technicians and the motoring public.
• Perform remote inspection data monitoring leveraging Systech’s propriertary technology to ensure inspection stations are properly performing inspections.
“We are excited to be working with the DMV and New York’s vehicle inspection business community on this vital project,” said Lothar Geilen, President of Systech. “The advanced on-board diagnostic equipment designed and built by Systech for the inspection stations, will guarantee the highest vehicle connectivity rate ever required in an inspection program and assure inspection integrity with stringent anti-fraud software. Our latest innovations in data management will connect the stations to the Department with real-time communications and live, interactive applications to streamline the State’s oversight responsibilities.”
The contract will continue for a period of seven years from the date the NYVIP system is deemed to be operational and may be extended by the DMV for up to two additional years. The contract is expected to be operational on December 1, 2013. The contract is expected to start generating revenues in 2013 with the delivery of NYVIP equipment. The order value of the contract is not disclosed due to competitive reasons.
Gothenburg, Sweden, March 5, 2013
Opus Group AB (publ)
This press info is available in Swedish at www.opus.se.
For additional information, please contact
President and CEO
Phone: 46 31 748 34 00
Phone: 46 765 25 84 93
Opus Group's Certified Adviser
Thenberg & Kinde Fondkommission AB
Krokslätts parkgata 4
SE-431 24 Mölndal, Sweden
Phone: 46 31 745 50 00